Guild approved air source heat pump installers
The Renewable Energy Guild is here to ensure that domestic and commercial clients can access qualified and accredited air source heat pump installers across the UK, offering the highest standards of products, installation quality and customer care.
When you choose to commission any of our renewable energy installers, you’ll benefit from the peace of mind that all advice is delivered with complete transparency and that their work is constantly monitored in accordance with our Code of Conduct and strict Guild criteria.
Air source heat pumps (ASHP) – what are they?
There are two types of air source heating systems:
- Air-to-air systems – provide warm air which is circulated to heat the building via individual room units
- Air-to-water systems – heat water to provide heating to the building through radiators/underfloor heating. This system will also provide heat for the production of stored sanitary hot water.
Air source heat pump installations
- Domestic application – defined by heating duty requirements of 0 to 45 kW. The installation of a domestic ASHP system must be carried out by a certified MCS (the Microgeneration Certificate Scheme) installer. All Renewable Energy Guild members are MCS approved.
- Commercial/industrial application – defined by heating duty requirements of over 45 kW.
If you’re looking for assistance with an air source heat pump installation, please contact us on 0113 4570587 for further information or to arrange a site visit.
Benefits of air source heat pumps
- Systems run on electricity, so there’s no need for storage of external fuel
- Low maintenance
- Clean energy
- Potentially offers an income via the Renewable Heat Incentive Scheme (RHI)